Twelve-year-old girl killed in house fire
3 Nov, Rajbiraj:
A house fire sparked by a kerosene lamp has left a 12-year-old girl dead at Belhichapena-6 in Saptari district on Wednesday.
Sangita Mandal, daughter of Shiva Narayan Mandal, died in the fire that also burnt down the one-storey house belonging to the Mandal family, according to the District Police Office, Saptari.
Injured in the fire, Sangita was rushed to the Gajendra Narayan Singh Sagarmatha Zonal Hospital at Rajbiraj for further treatment. She died during the treatment, police said.
Goods worth around Rs 150,000 were destroyed in the fire, police added. RSS