Narayanhiti Durbar Museum collects over Rs 174 m revenue
11 May, Kathmandu:
Since its gates were thrown open to general people and foreigners some seven years ago, the flow of people to the Narayanhiti Durbar Museum continues.
Since the date when it was open to general people, the total 20,79,760 people including foreigners visited the former royal palace, according to the museum management committee.
The total Rs 174.2 million has been collected as entry and parking fees, the committee said.
Turned into a museum on June 15, 2008, the museum was open to general people on February 26, 2009, following the declaration of Nepal as federal republic after the fall of age-old institution of monarchy that followed the 2058 BS royal massacre.
Talking to the Rastriya Samachar Samiti, the museum management committee chief Rohit Kumar Dhungana said that so far 19 chambers of the museum are open to general people.
He added that other 12 chambers are yet to be opened for public viewing in lack of budget.
Dhungana also said that the plan is afoot to provide a day package to those visiting the museum.
He said that the second phase of the reconstruction of the structures damaged by the April 25 earthquake will be completed within the Nepali year of 2074 BS, while the first phase of the reconstruction of Tribhuvan Sadan, where the royal massacre occurred, is at the final stage.
Former King of Nepal Birendra Shah and his family members and relatives were murdered in cold blood in 2058 BS. RSS