Girl child dies of dengue virus
Ratnanagar (Chitwan), November 18
A girl child has died from dengue – the first dengue related death recorded this fiscal year in Chitwan district – which is reeling under a spate of the infection.
The deceased has been identified as 11 – year – old from Khairehani Municipality – 11 in eastern Chitwan, said Kit Control Inspector, Ram Kumar KC, of District Public Health Office (DPHO), Chitwan.
The girl died on November 15 in course of treatment at the Chitwan Medical College but the Public Health Office verified it only yesterday.
DPHO, Chitwan Information Official, Narhari Sharma, shared that 653 persons have been infected with dengue in Chitwan until now this year.
Dengue is a mosquito-borne tropical disease caused by the dengue virus. It is transmitted through Aedes type mosquito. The symptoms include high fever, headache, vomiting, muscle and joint pains, and skin rashes. RSS